Saturday, October 31, 2009

Journal Unit One EDUU 564

I registered for Google Sites in the previously class, EDUU 563. It was an easy process, though I did not use it for my blog. I like to create my responses in Word first, then paste them into wherever I intend to post. I had trouble using this process with Blogspot, so I created my blog in www.thoughts.com. Looking at examples of sites that were created in Google Sites, I liked their clean look. I may choose to use Google Sites for my portfolio, though previously I have used Apple’s Mobile Me.



My current technology portfolio is located at http://web.me.com/debbieanderson/Technology_Portfolio/Welcome.html. I liked using this site because it was easy to use, I liked the look of the pages, and it was an Apple product, which is what I prefer to work with. Unfortunately, Professor Shorey had some difficulty accessing the different pages I created using Mobile Me, so I may switch to Google Sites for this class.


Reviewing the checklist based on the National Standards for Facilitation, I have several artifacts created in the previous two classes that meet the requirements. I think one standard I have few artifacts for would be Standard I- Technology Operations and Concepts. Suggestions include a resume of technology training (I have none outside of my Chapman coursework) and my technology plan, however the technology plan is also suggested under Standard VI. I do not have artifacts for Standard V (Productivity and Professional Practice), though I have assisted other teachers in the use of word processing, graphics programs, and online curricular programs. Artifacts I have for other standards are lesson plans and online web-based instruction plan (Standard II), essential question plan, primary source plan, and a student research plan (Standard III), gradebook samples, rubrics, and STAR test data reports (Standard IV), and a technology plan (Standard VI and VII). At this time the only resource I have developed for Standard VIII (Leadership and Vision) is a literature review, though I imagine I will create more through this course. I plan to digitize these artifacts using a variety of formats, depending on what is best for that particular artifact.


My plan to complete my electronic portfolio is to first create an outline of each standard. I plan to create this outline with the needed links on a web page. I will then locate my existing artifacts that meet each standard, and place them in a separate folder before importing them into the portfolio. I will determine what artifacts will be created throughout this course and what I will still need to create. For those that I do not have, I will need to conduct some research and begin developing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment